The U.S. Embassy in Beirut is asking for assistance in locating two missing American journalists who were on vacation in Lebanon and have not been heard from since they left the Lebanese capital last week.
Holli Chmela, 27, and her male companion, Taylor Luck, 23, arrived in Lebanon on September 29 from Amman, Jordan, the embassy said.
They left Beirut on October 1, telling friends they were headed for the northern Lebanese cities of Byblos and Tripoli that day.
No one has reported any contact with them since then, the embassy said.
“They were then to cross by land to Syria before returning to Jordan,” the embassy said. “Chmela and Luck were due to report to work in Jordan on October 4.”
Luck is an editor with The Jordan Times in Amman, and Chmela had been working as a freelancer for the newspaper, said Sameer Barhoum, the paper’s editor.
- A Non-Violent Activist Dies in Texas (online article)
- Are Police Taking Sides in Protests? (online article)
- Artwork, Stories and Photojournalism
- Austrian Party with Nazi Imagery Wins Big (online article)
- Notes from the Obama Rally (Nov. 12, 2007)
- The Media as Theater of War
- Travel Journal
- A New Yorker in Belize
- Belize: Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Belmar Beach after the Storm – 2009
- Christmas in New York (2005)
- Civilization in the Jungle: Mayan Lamanai Temple
- Fruit and Flowers in the Garden State
- Jones Beach Airshow
- Protest at the UN: No to dictatorship, yes to democracy in Iran
- San Francisco 2005
- Wintery Wall Street – 2009
- Zombies at the Jersey Shore – 2009
- Two Visits to a Fast-Changing Lebanon (online article)
- Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia, and Their Gift to Yale | Omer Aziz
- What Ikea’s Designers Learned From Living In A Simulated Mars Habitat fastcodesign.com/90130253/what-… 1 hour ago
- The World's Most Beautiful Beach Cities Where You Can Live for Dirt Cheap @Thrillist thrillist.com/travel/nation/… 3 hours ago
- Just posted a photo @ Enchanted Forest Cross Country Ski Area instagram.com/p/BVxoosLgrgB/ 7 hours ago
- * sigh * @ Eagle Nest Lake State Park instagram.com/p/BVxbgf2gVgu/ 9 hours ago
- RT @sahouraxo: Syrian women in Aleppo (1968). Syrian women in Al-Qaeda-occupied Aleppo (2016). https://t.co/Rk268bDtjN 1 day ago