The Daily Mail reports on “Divers’ miraculous escape as great white shark rips through their metal cage”
The thought of a 15ft great white shark ripping through a metal cage and heading straight for you is the stuff of nightmares – but it was a reality for two scuba divers in Mexico.
The terrifying incident unfolded as the two men took part in an ‘ultimate shark diving experience’ and watched the two tonne shark feeding on tuna.
Caught on camera, the film shows the shark suddenly veering towards the cage, jamming its head between the bars and smashing it to pieces while the divers scramble for safety.
Actually, the shark doesn’t look like it’s ‘suddenly veering’, it looks like it was taking a bite of food, chewing, and traveling in a straight path before crashing into an unexpected obstacle.
I’m glad the divers escaped, but I also feel sorry for the shark. Imagine that you took a bite of a yummy chocolate donut and broke a few teeth on bits of wire hidden inside – then imagine finding a rubbery little animal in the frosting.
The next time that shark dines out, he/she will probably avoid the “ultimate shark diving experience” boat.