He then divided that up into 4 possible outcomes based on an individual’s observance:
1. There is a God AND you practice your religion ——> You go to heaven! ?
2. There is a God and you don’t practice your religion ——> You go to hell ?
3. There is no God and you practice your religion ——> Nothing happens ?
4. There is no God and you don’t practice your religion ——> Nothing happens ?
Statistically, according to Pascal, your best bet is to practice your religion JUST IN CASE outcome 1 occurs. No matter how minute the probability is, according to many religious people, it’s still worth it. Just in case.
- A Non-Violent Activist Dies in Texas (online article)
- Are Police Taking Sides in Protests? (online article)
- Artwork, Stories and Photojournalism
- Austrian Party with Nazi Imagery Wins Big (online article)
- Notes from the Obama Rally (Nov. 12, 2007)
- The Media as Theater of War
- Travel Journal
- A New Yorker in Belize
- Belize: Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Belmar Beach after the Storm – 2009
- Christmas in New York (2005)
- Civilization in the Jungle: Mayan Lamanai Temple
- Fruit and Flowers in the Garden State
- Jones Beach Airshow
- Protest at the UN: No to dictatorship, yes to democracy in Iran
- San Francisco 2005
- Wintery Wall Street – 2009
- Zombies at the Jersey Shore – 2009
- Two Visits to a Fast-Changing Lebanon (online article)
- Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia, and Their Gift to Yale | Omer Aziz
- Pied Piper’s decentralized internet is planned for Dubai, courtesy of startup Moeco tcrn.ch/2B9RIOh via @techcrunch 6 hours ago
- Slipstream in White water #flickr #italy flic.kr/p/hwieYJ 8 hours ago
- The Teams Behind Infinity War and It May Join Forces to Make a Scifi Western io9.gizmodo.com/the-team-behin… via @io9 20 hours ago
- The Best MIDI Keyboard Controller for Beginners | Wirecutter thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-m… via @wirecutter 20 hours ago
- Cartoonist Charles Burns Looks Back at Black Hole vulture.com/2017/12/cartoo… via @vulture 20 hours ago