Americans are deeply divided over whether to bomb the kingdom of Agrabah, according to a new poll, with Republicans more likely to be in favor and Democrats tending to be opposed.
But here's the problem: "Agrabah" happens to be the fictional home of Aladdin.
Public Policy Polling, a prominent Democratic-leaning polling firm, included the question in its most recent national poll. (Let's not forget that this is the same firm that listed “Deez Nuts” as a candidate on a North Carolina poll.)
Over half of Democrats and 43 percent of Republicans answered the Agrabah question. Thirty percent of Republican primary voters were in favor of bombing the fictional location, while 13 percent were opposed. Among Democrats, 19 percent were in favor and 36 percent were opposed.
Obviously, it's both funny and a little worrisome to see so many people taking a stance on military action against Disney villains — although, hey, Jafar is pretty evil. Some people polled might have recognized the fictional name and answered in jest, but most likely did not. Either way, they only had the option of replying that they supported, opposed, or were "not sure" about bombing Agrabah, and the majority of respondents said they weren't sure.
- A Non-Violent Activist Dies in Texas (online article)
- Are Police Taking Sides in Protests? (online article)
- Artwork, Stories and Photojournalism
- Austrian Party with Nazi Imagery Wins Big (online article)
- Notes from the Obama Rally (Nov. 12, 2007)
- The Media as Theater of War
- Travel Journal
- A New Yorker in Belize
- Belize: Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Belmar Beach after the Storm – 2009
- Christmas in New York (2005)
- Civilization in the Jungle: Mayan Lamanai Temple
- Fruit and Flowers in the Garden State
- Jones Beach Airshow
- Protest at the UN: No to dictatorship, yes to democracy in Iran
- San Francisco 2005
- Wintery Wall Street – 2009
- Zombies at the Jersey Shore – 2009
- Two Visits to a Fast-Changing Lebanon (online article)
- Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia, and Their Gift to Yale | Omer Aziz
- RT @IraqiSecurity: If what happened in #Saudi's capital was simply a drone being shot down then that tells you how tense the monarchy is.… 16 hours ago
- Review of Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain aymennjawad.org/21077/hired-si… 16 hours ago
- Just posted a photo @ Nags Head Beach instagram.com/p/Bh1TtM3laHH/ 1 day ago
- Yom Ha’atzmaut: How Jewish Gangsters Helped Israel Gain its Independence tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-an… via @tabletmag 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Jockey's Ridge State Park instagram.com/p/BhzthqllZHR/ 1 day ago