The world is one big round place, and the problem is, we’ve been looking at a cropped view of it for way too long.
But thanks to new technology advancements in cameras and online algorithms, we can now zap open our smartphones and see all around us–in front, back, to the left and right, above and below, in full spherical, 360 view.
At the Consumer Electronics Show, which ends Saturday, 360 video and virtual reality (VR) was the big talk of the show, from huge concerns like YouTube and corporate parent Google, to Facebook’s Oculus Rift and camera makers GoPro, Ricoh and 360Fly. VR and 360 is here–and set for bigger things in 2016.
“It’s like everything else, you want to see everything, you want to hear everything,” says Matt Sailor, the CEO of ICrealtech.com, which introduced three VR ALLie brand 360 cameras at CES.
With 360, viewers “get to be completely engrossed, and go to places they’ve never been,” adds Andy Peacock, from camera start-up 360Fly.
- A Non-Violent Activist Dies in Texas (online article)
- Are Police Taking Sides in Protests? (online article)
- Artwork, Stories and Photojournalism
- Austrian Party with Nazi Imagery Wins Big (online article)
- Notes from the Obama Rally (Nov. 12, 2007)
- The Media as Theater of War
- Travel Journal
- A New Yorker in Belize
- Belize: Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Belmar Beach after the Storm – 2009
- Christmas in New York (2005)
- Civilization in the Jungle: Mayan Lamanai Temple
- Fruit and Flowers in the Garden State
- Jones Beach Airshow
- Protest at the UN: No to dictatorship, yes to democracy in Iran
- San Francisco 2005
- Wintery Wall Street – 2009
- Zombies at the Jersey Shore – 2009
- Two Visits to a Fast-Changing Lebanon (online article)
- Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia, and Their Gift to Yale | Omer Aziz
- Just posted a photo @ Karge St. Beach Bay Head NJ instagram.com/p/BeOhnf5g8kr/ 6 hours ago
- Sketch from life drawing class instagram.com/p/BeMuAXpAk27/ 23 hours ago
- 8 Ways Icing Affects Your Aircraft boldmethod.com/lists/2018/01/… #flysharp #avgeek 23 hours ago
- How To Make A Perfect Short Field Landing | Boldmethod boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/m… #flysharp 23 hours ago
- How To Fly With The FAA's New BasicMed Program | Boldmethod boldmethod.com/blog/article/2… #flysharp 2 days ago