Initial video from the scene shows a police car overturned while people in the area are rushing and security officials sealed off the area.
An Investigation regarding the blast has been launched immediately.
In recent months, Turkey has been shaken by several terror attacks which claimed over 100 lives.
In July last year, at least 32 people were killed in an explosion in the border city of Suruç, when a suicide bomb targeted a group of youth during a rally in the city of Şanlıurfa province.
Months after the Suruç attack, Turkey’s capital city, Ankara, was rocked by two simultaneous suicide attacks.
The Ankara attack was the deadliest attack in the history of the Turkish Republic as 102 people were killed in the incident. Two suicide bombers detonated themselves in a rally near the capital’s main train station.
- A Non-Violent Activist Dies in Texas (online article)
- Are Police Taking Sides in Protests? (online article)
- Artwork, Stories and Photojournalism
- Austrian Party with Nazi Imagery Wins Big (online article)
- Notes from the Obama Rally (Nov. 12, 2007)
- The Media as Theater of War
- Travel Journal
- A New Yorker in Belize
- Belize: Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Belmar Beach after the Storm – 2009
- Christmas in New York (2005)
- Civilization in the Jungle: Mayan Lamanai Temple
- Fruit and Flowers in the Garden State
- Jones Beach Airshow
- Protest at the UN: No to dictatorship, yes to democracy in Iran
- San Francisco 2005
- Wintery Wall Street – 2009
- Zombies at the Jersey Shore – 2009
- Two Visits to a Fast-Changing Lebanon (online article)
- Wahhabism, Saudi Arabia, and Their Gift to Yale | Omer Aziz
- Stephen Hawking: Humans Should Ride a Beam of Light to Other Planets shar.es/1Btt6W via @SPACEdotcom 15 hours ago
- Dissertation on Early 20th-century Cairo Coffeehouses Leads Penn Ph.D. Student to Egyptian and British Spy Reports news.upenn.edu/news/dissertat… 15 hours ago
- Just posted a photo @ Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve instagram.com/p/BVoJ-tmghIT/ 16 hours ago
- Connectomics Explained by a Neuroscientist in 5 Levels of Complexity technologynetworks.com/neuroscience/v… 2 days ago
- Ten years in jail and 1,000 lashes: why we must defend Saudi blogger Raif Badawi | Andrew Brown theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 3 days ago