What happened here? As far as I can tell:
1. Qatar is a major source of funds for Sunni ‘militant’ groups like ISIS and al Qaeda
2. Hezbollah (one of the primary militant opponents of ISIS/AQ) captured a bunch of Qatari royals who think they’re so untouchable, they could traipse into a country they’re currently destroying to do some pheasant hunting. Why not, they do it in Europe and America all the time.
3. Hezb wanted to make a deal to get some Shia safely out of a town they were being held in, so they kidnapped the feckless Qatari Royals.
4. Qatar struck a deal and Hezb released the royals
5. Days later, and members of some sunni militant group rode up alongside the bus carrying the Shia and blew up the non-combatants.
We make deals with Qatar all the time. And we think we’re winning…